Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge (UCE)
Availability: In stock.
The Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge is a MUST HAVE in areas with extremely bad source water! Its designed to both descale the plates located in the water cell as well as prevent future scaling! This product is design for use with the UCE-9090 Under Counter Extreme water ionizer.
The Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge expires after ONE use! Please make sure to follow the step-by-step directions below to ensure proper usage and prevent any damage to your ionizer:
Directions For Use:
- Turn off your ionizer and shut off the water supply going to the unit
- Locate the filter housing of your ionizer and remove the 2nd Filter by rotating it clockwise (the filter to the right when looking at the back of the unit)
- Attach the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge by rotating the cartridge counter-clockwise - do NOT overtighten
- Turn both the power of the ionizer back on as well as the water supply
- Run water through the ionizer using the H20 CLEAN mode. DO NOT use any other mode when going through this cleaning process!
- Allow H20 Clean water to cycle for 15 minutes. In the case of automatic shut-off (which commonly occurs every 5 minutes on some models), simply restart the H20 Clean mode until a full 15 minutes of water flows through the unit.
- When finished, follow steps 1-4, replacing the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge with the original filter.
Your ionizer water cell is now clean and protected against future scaling! Repeat this process every 6-12 months or as necessary based on source water conditions. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact a certified service professional.